- I love learning and I love people and you’re a person and you’re here to learn. Hopefully, you can see where I’m going with this.
- I fail and make mistakes. I will help you but sometimes I’ll need help from you.
- I cannot let you be passive. I hope you understand.
- I will push you without losing you.
- I will not give up on you.
- I understand the walls outside of this classroom and think about them as context for everything we do here.
- I am responsible for everyone and thing in this class and therefore at times what I say and do may confuse you or even seem unfair or wrong. I am always here to talk to you about things so that you understand.
- I am here for you. It’s literally my life’s work to help you grow.
- I have expertise/credibility and I care about you and your success; these are equally important and together why you can trust me.
- I love different things than you do and you love different things than most everyone else; learning is about sharing that love.
- You are the reason we are here. This is all for you and if it doesn’t feel like it, let’s talk about it.
- You have a story. Let’s use it, then add to it together.
- You are creative and intelligent. You have genius somewhere inside you. Let’s find it.
- You’re not ‘bad at math/science/reading/writing.’ If you think this, you’re wrong.
- You are loved and cared for and have infinite value but that value is only potential if you don’t use it to grow.
- You have a future and your best days are ahead of you; sometimes the mountain you’re climbing can obscure the view you’re about to enjoy.
- You will learn ‘things’ here that should be clearly relevant to you and your life. We will gain knowledge and skills to help you live a better life. If not, let’s talk about it.
- You have an active and constant role in your learning. It may not always seem like it, but you’re in control of your own failure or success.
- You are not a letter grade, grade point average, test score, certificate, or ‘data point’ in this school or district’s success.
- You inspire me.
- We will learn through curiosity, joy, affection, and thought.
- We are all on our own journey but in this class, we all need one another and will help one another grow.
- We will not punish mistakes and errors. Mistakes are how we learn.
- We will learn through humility. We will own our mistakes and admit what we don’t know and the limits of what we do.
- We all have individual geniuses and abilities but we can go farther together than alone. We will strive to understand and leverage this truth.
- We will strive to be honest, efficient, and pragmatic. We will not use inefficient tools, technology, strategies, sources, or technology just for the sake of forms and appearances.
- We can and will learn from anything. As a result, we will always be learning no matter where we are or what we’re doing.
- We will never forget why we’re learning what we’re learning and if we do, we will talk about it.
- We’re going to learn to question everything in this class. Even these ‘standards’–and standards in general. The word “Why?” is like a lantern and we’ll use it constantly.
- We will value affection over thought and thought over knowledge and knowledge over academic performance but we will see all as intertwined.
Categories: Students - Ученици