Anyone who teaches knows that it is one of the most overworked, underpaid, under-appreciated jobs in the world. The ironic part is that teaching is the only profession that teaches all other professions, yet it’s one of the lowest paying ones! With administration headaches, classrooms full of misbehaving kids, complaining parents, stacks of paperwork to complete, and families to take care of on few hours of sleep, it’s hard to keep your sanity. We know. That’s why we came up with this humorous list of ways to not lose your mind as a teacher. Enjoy and…well, good luck!
- Try not to yell. Yelling increases your blood pressure and only makes you more stressed.
- Work it out. Getting a workout at some point in the day/week will help you blow off steam.
- Get some sleep. Sleeping at least 6 hours a night is important to help your body fight off all those germs every day.
- Form a think tank. Using other teachers as resources and support is important. You’re not alone!
- Forget about yesterday. Every day, you have to erase the board, keep on improving, and inspire forward thinking.
- Keep a journal. At the end of each day, your mind will be a turbo-charged hamster wheel. Write it down or you’ll forget something.
- Stick to a routine. Getting into a steady flow of how you do things will help the days go by smoother.
- Say your students’ names. Yes, it’s a lot to remember, but the more you say them aloud the quicker they’ll sink into memory.
- Be yourself. Teaching is exhausting enough, let alone trying to be someone you’re not on top of it. Give yourself a break and just be natural. Students will appreciate the honesty and genuineness.
- Remember how hard it is being a new teacher. Have faith. It will get easier…sort of!
Категории:Teachers - Наставници